Executive summary: TPG Aged Care provides mobile support services including nursing, personal care, home support, social support, recreational care, gardening and home maintenance to elderly, sick and disabled patients through the Perth region. With a focus on providing the care needed to enable clients to live independently in their own homes, TPG has a largely mobile workforce with carers and support staff spending the majority of their time travelling out to client’s houses to assist in any way possible.
Communicating & coordinating work schedules for carers, patient information and appointment notes were initially completed through a paper-based process. This process entailed providing each worker a schedule at the start of each day, which included paper forms and appointment information for the carers to fill out at each appointment with their clients. This was then manually typed into a database at the end of each day upon the carers’ return to the main office.
Seeing the efficiency and data entry errors that were associated with this process, TPG engaged TOKN to produce a solution that would allow their workers to streamline their day-to-day activities on their own smart devices for a more connected mobile workforce.
Solution: The TOKN Enterprise Mobility platform was used to build the TOKN Assist app, combining various components to provide an end-to-end mobile solution for carers in the field. This includes:
- An appointment scheduling module with real-time access to appointments and rosters;
- The ability to create assessments and complete notes for individual clients;
- Timesheet capture based on appointment and travel times;
- Google Maps integration for easy appointment location directions;
- Company wide alerts for up-to-date information bursts as they happen;
- Client signature capture on completion of appointments;
- Offline Capability for remote services.
We are excited about the amount of time we will save by moving to TOKN for our roster tracking. Reducing the time to distribute our rosters every day, and knowing no one will be missed is a great outcome for us.
David Madigan – TPG Aged Care
- Removal of manual paper-based processes, removing time-consuming email blasts and double entry of data;
- Zero back office duplication of work and no re-entry of time & bookings resulting in over 546 hours of office administration time saved every year;
- Ensured easy access to paperless rosters & timekeeping that is always kept up-to-date, increasing overall productivity and reducing down time;
- Improvement in the real time visibility of appointments, clients and schedules;
- Enhanced the digital capability and increased use of mobility with simple frameworks;
- Increased customer satisfaction with more time for clients and less time on administration;
- Instant reach to all carers in the field, ensuring workers are always connected.