Finmec is a locally owned and operated company based in Port Hedland that provides quality repair, maintenance and equipment hire services for the mining, transport and civil industries in the northwest of Australia.
In 2007, Finmec consisted of one man and a ute, where today they have grown to a team of over 90. Finmec’s expanding workforce is made up of qualified heavy-duty diesel mechanics, auto-electricians, boilermakers, high voltage electricians, supervisors, apprentices and trade assistants. Finmec’s dedicated team has a fleet of modern, mine-spec field service vehicles that are able to provide maintenance services on site, whenever they are required. This makes them a trusted service provider to so many companies in Western Australia – from blue chip mining giants to small owner operators.
We engaged TOKN to help improve our mobile workforce timesheet requirements and to streamline the timesheet processes. The implementation of the TOKN timesheet app has allowed our mobile workforce to easily submit timesheets even when they are located in remote areas. The app itself is very user friendly and the TOKN team customised it to meet our specific needs. All areas of our business have benefited from the implementation, notably the HR team are now saving 8 hours each week.
The team at TOKN work so well together to provide an outstanding service. They are very responsive and work quickly to meet our needs. The initial setup and changeover went smoothly thanks to TOKN for liaising with ourselves and our other ERP provider. When we have requested specific features to be added, TOKN have done so quickly and nothing I asked for has been too much for them to work through.
Jessica Finch – Business Improvements Manager, Finmec
Finmec engaged TOKN to help fulfill its requirement for digital timesheets to enhance digital capability and to better engage its mobile workforce. In addition, to drive greater compliance on the front line and accelerate efficiencies for the business.
TOKN and Finmec delivered a fully integrated enterprise mobile timesheet application and the administrative framework with which to manage them. Finmec have also adopted the modern approach to bring-your-own-device (BYOD) meaning a mobile workforce uses their own devices, of which there are multiple types, whilst working with intermittent network connectivity.
The TOKN Cloud Enterprise platform was used to provide digital capabilities to quickly deliver a comprehensive timesheet app and fully integrate with Finmec’s accounting system and TOKN data sources. This includes the provision of the application management framework for administering and controlling them securely in the field. Importantly, Finmec required the need for external approvals of timesheets to ensure clients were able to easily approve timesheets on a mobile device.
TOKN is a platform technology, with a focus on being a simple framework that allows minimally trained staff members (with the right permissions) to create digital apps that can pull data out and push data in to various underlying connected corporate systems.
- Drive compliance more broadly for the Finmec mobile workforce. By adopting a digital framework, Finmec now has a digital audit trail of all timesheets completed, pending approval and approved;
- Increased staff engagement and timesheet submissions, even to individuals in remote locations;
- Simple third party approvals to ensure all timesheets can be approved by external stakeholders simply, from their own devices;
- Easy export of timesheet and approvals data to Microsoft Excel for simple reporting;
- Expedited payment cycles due to simpler timesheet approvals from clients;
- Increased productivity. Finmec estimates a 25% increase in productivity through delivered efficiencies, removal of manual paper-based processes & double entry, and expedited the payroll cycle;
- Low implementation, installation or hardware expenses. Adopting a Cloud based Solution Finmec had no installation and application hosting expenses;
- Reduced device provisioning by adopting a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solution, Finmec was able to support employees using their own devices, reducing device provisioning expenses.
- Finmec estimates a total of 500 administration hours saved per year through the implementation of the TOKN Platform.