Welcome to the second post regarding mobility where we will now start looking at the deeper detail of what TOKN has to offer in context of the mobility market and approaches to mobility.
Lets start by setting the stage and looking at the challenges that a company will face when deciding to consider mobility and when looking at the approaches that they could follow(this will have a distinctive SAP flavour but the concept is applicable for the other ERP environments as well):
1. Use the standard offering for mobile data entry.
2. Specify and write custom internal apps which use an exposed SAP service or even a direct connection to SAP. This will certainly work but what are the challenges that will be faced by using this approach?
3. If the company is running on SAP, they would most likely look at SAP Mobility as an option. I will not say anything negative nor will I go into a comparison with the SAP offering because I am naturally biased. You pay a premium for anything SAP by default because of the brand value, which means that you are then completely married to the SAP solution going forward with no option to change to another platform, even if you find their solution not matching to your requirement. This is why many companies are erring on the side of caution and taking a wait and see approach. We are so confident that we have a really strong product, that we have made a conscious choice to approach mobility on the basis of offering it as a service with an easy exit in case it doesn't match the expectation. Effectively removing the need for the wait and see approach being followed.
4. Cost justification resulting in no approach- Companies already running SAP have paid a premium for SAP and would have already spent a large sum of money on consulting services as well as projects to constantly enhance and use new features which are added and new offerings which are introduced. Mobility is another of those which comes at a cost and companies are struggling to justify the additional spend for what they deem as little reward. Many companies as such are not doing anything and risk being left behind playing catch up later.
5. What is the ultimate alternative then? They could look for an alternative which gives them a realistic workable approach which largely removes most of the challenges above. This is the space that TOKN sits in.
How does TOKN address the challenges outlined above?
In the next blog we will then start looking at the detail of the TOKN offering and how it makes all this possible because it is a fantastic concept with a lot of included functionality which will exceed expectations.
Stay tuned for more.